Wednesday, August 12, 2009

21!

At 4:02 Pacific Time, yesterday morning my amazing son Gary turned 21. While age doesn't define us as a man or woman, there are certain milestones that seem to be noticed more than others. I knew that he would choose to celebrate this evining with some close friends so I was not dissapointed at all. He has grown wiser over the last year and his goals are very encouraging. I salute you my son! I love you and am very proud of you! I look forward to our weekend in New York!
While Gary and some of his longstanding friends enjoyed the night, I spent the evening on a sailboat with coworkers sailing on Lake Union on a beautiful August night in Seattle. Hundreds of sailboats converged for a non-competitive race course around the lake. The views were amazing with the Seattle skyline as the backdrop and the sunset reflecting on the skycrapers.
Preston spent a rare eveing with his grandparents. All in all it was a great day. It endend with a wonderful conversation with my sweetheart in Oregon. I am a happy man.

1 comment:

 

No worries ...It's just paint! | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates