Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Mom Wanted

Yesterday, when I came home from work and asked my son Preston what homework assignments he had, he showed me a particular assignment entitled, “Mom Wanted".
At first it pierced my heart. Most people who ever read my blog will know that I am a single dad for the past 3 years. Preston's mom has had no contact with him in over 2 years. So, you might get a glimpse of my heart for him at that moment.
But to tell you the truth, he amazes me all the time. He made terrific lemonade!
He told me, "this is a stupid assignment, I already have a mom."
So, we decided to have fun with this and this is what he came up with...
WANTED, A MOM WHO IS KIND, FUNNY AND A GOOD COOK. SHE MUST LIKE VIDEO GAMES AND FISHING. ALSO, DOESN'T LIKE SHOPPING AT THE MALLS. MUST GIVE GOOD HUGS. CALL (206) 327-5321 IF THIS IS YOU.
In the end, we had a good laugh. But I can't help but wonder what his mom is really missing out on. Our kids are so precious and we only have them in our homes for a short time. Well, I love my life and those who are in it. There are T-shirts that say, "Life is Good", but I say, "God is Good!"

1 comment:

 

No worries ...It's just paint! | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates