Wednesday, September 23, 2009

New York, New York!

Well, it dawned on me that I am taking an extended fall weekend to experience New York with my son Gary. Neither of us have been there before, but thanks to my lovely niece Carmen and her fun husband Leo, the time has come to take it in. They live in Brooklyn and have offered their 2 bedroom apartment as a place to stay. We hope to share some fun times with them in return. I also want to extend my home when they make it back to Seattle. Gary turned 21 in August, so this is really an excuse to celebrate his coming of age. I couldn't think of a better place to experience a long weekend with him. We're jazzed for sure!
So we fly tomorrow and will return on Monday night. There are so many options and we have no commitments, but just to have fun. I think that can be accomplished.
Hope all is well in your world. I feel so blessed to share this time with Gary. He starts his Graphic Arts program in Seattle next week. Hopefully this will be an inspiration for him. What better than the energy of New York! Thanks to my network of friends and family to care for Preston in my absents. Love you all!

1 comment:

 

No worries ...It's just paint! | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates