Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Friends

I offered my house up to invite a dear friend of mine and his family to stay with me for most of the summer. They were seeking temporary refuge to relocate to a more affordable housing situation before the fall. At first, I have to admit I was worried how the dymanics would all work out. I already have my oldest son staying for the summer (not at all complaining about that!) and a nephew and my youngest son in a 3 bedroom/ 1 bath house. But in reality, it has been a great blessing for me to open my home in such a way. So far, so good. Infact, thanks to Travis, I have a newer set of washer and dryer he was able to salvage from a construction job site of his and furnish my son's out building/clubhouse/ extra bedroom, with newer carpet. He also rescued my oldest son from a dead alternater in Seattle when I was out of town on Sunday.
I don't know who is blessing who. Then again, I never kept score. I am grateful to finally be in a position to be a blessing to others... it certainly has been recipricated. It is good to have and be a friend.

2 comments:

 

No worries ...It's just paint! | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates