Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July

Hey, I don't know about you, but I am very grateful for the blessings I have living in this country. I enjoyed my day with friends at his lakeside home. Mt. Rainier in the background great smoked ribs, chicken, desserts, the works! A good bon fire, and enough fireworks to rival any town USA fireworks display. It was a good time for all. My oldest son bought a used car yesterday. It's not his first car, but it is his first 5 speed. With that in mind, he isn't the best stick driver in the world. In fact, he just began to learn five minutes after he bought the car.
He's getting it, after a few stalls at intersections. Hey, anyone who's ever driven a stick knows about that experience...
Anyway, he just called me from Seattle, stuck trying to go up a hill. I am too far to help him, but I sent a friend to help him out. Let's hope it goes well.
Me, I'm spending the afternoon in Yelm, a small town 30 miles south of my house, near Ft. Lewis. My sister is visiting her daughter (my niece)for the weekend. So, I feel a little helpless in this. I pray it turns out well.

1 comment:

 

No worries ...It's just paint! | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates