Thursday, July 9, 2009

Neighborhood Spirit

Last night after work, I was blessed for a rare night of not having to cook OR better yet, not having to clean up! My neighborhood had a block party, complements of of the City of Renton. A very good Jazz band played, there was face painting, plenty of food, door prizes, a fire truck for the young kids to climb all over, a football game, and plenty of time to relax and get to meet more of my neighbors. All in all a fun time. This was sponsered by the city I live in. Not bad I'd say. A good time for sure. One of the council members is on a quest to serve 5,000 cups of lemonade with a smile this summer. A worthy goal. My city sponsers several events throughout the summer. It's a nice community building event. Anyway, hope all is well in your neighborhood. Make it a great day.

1 comment:

 

No worries ...It's just paint! | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates